What's on the Menu takes a look at feature items on the menu at McDonald's in other countries to see how American fast food has adapted itself to local tastes. Why McDonald's? It works for the Big Mac index and that's good enough for me.
Parlez vous francais? Yeah, me neither but that didn't stop me from plumbing the McDonald's France website to see how the country known for haute cuisine eats quickly. First up! Le P'tit Moutarde!
Le P'tit Moutarde ("the small mustard") is a small hamburger on a fancy bun. It's a regular McDonald's hamburger patty with a fancy mustard sauce, and slice of tomato on a ciabatta bun. Think of it as a fancier McDonald's hamburger. I could see it in the U.S. as an upscale-type of snack item.
framboise (berry beer), and vanilla. Frappes in the U.S. are still being test marketed... booooooo...
Japan's Shaka Shaka Chicken but without the fun name, McDonald's France's Chicken Shake (insert picture of blended chicken here) features two tube-like breaded chicken strips rather than a single breaded chicken breast but is otherwise the same concept: you dump the flavored powder in the provided bag with the chicken, shake well, and eat.
The shaking powder comes in three flavors: curry, provencal (dried tomatoes, onions, parsley, and garlic flakes if it's anything like provencal sauce), and barbecue.
Other U.S. fast food restaurants have tested this concept in the U.S. but I guess it didn't catch on because McDonald's never has.
All-in-all, McDonald's France's feature items seem to be a little more upscale than McDonald's USA. More Angus Burgers and less McDouble.
Spotlight on: McDonald's in Japan
What's on the Menu: McDonald's Chile
- ► 2016 ( 952 )
- ► 2015 ( 1183 )
- ► 2014 ( 1320 )
- ► 2013 ( 1210 )
- ► 2012 ( 999 )
- ► 2011 ( 582 )
- News: Pretzel Time - Free Soft Pretzel on April 26...
- News: Dairy Queen - New Mini Size for Blizzards in...
- The Asia Trip: Dunkin Donuts Taiwan
- News: Corner Bakery Offers Free Two Free Coffees v...
- Review: Pizza Hut - Cajun Wings
- News: Burger King - New Breakfast Bowl and English...
- Review: McDonald's - Hamburger
- What's on the Menu: McDonald's Switzerland
- News: Subway Serves Breakfast Starting April 5, 20...
- Review: Jack in the Box - Chicken Sandwich
- Review: El Pollo Loco - Grilled Chicken Nachos
- News: Carl's Jr. Introduces New Banana Chocolate C...
- News: Whataburger Gives Free Milk with Cookies
- The Asia Trip: KFC Taiwan - Latte
- News: Carl's Jr. Brings Back the Big Country Burri...
- News: Baskin Robbins - 31 Cent Scoop Night on Apri...
- Review: Jack in the Box - Mini Churros
- News: Starbucks Testing Blueberry Waffles
- Review: Chick-fil-A - Chick-n-Minis
- Local Review: Top Pot Donuts - Seattle, WA
- What's on the Menu: McDonald's Chile
- Review: Ben & Jerry's - Half Baked Ice Cream
- Review: Jack in the Box - Natural Cut Fries
- Review: Quizno's - Roast Beef and Cheddar Sub
- News: Starbucks Launching Customizable Frappuccino...
- News: Taco Bell Testing "Take Home Taco Bar"
- News: McDonald's Testing McBistro Chicken Sandwich...
- The Asia Trip: KFC Taiwan - Twister
- Review: Pizza Hut - Buffalo Wings
- News: Jack in the Box Testing Oven Bakes
- News: Quiznos - New Breakfast Items for Convenienc...
- Review: In-N-Out - Secret Menu - Protein Style
- Review: Ben & Jerry's - Mint Chocolate Cookie
- Review: Ben & Jerry's - Chunky Monkey
- Review: Ben & Jerry's - Americone Dream
- What's on the Menu: McDonald's France
- Review: KFC - Hot Wings
- Review: McDonald's - Filet-O-Fish
- Review: Panda Express - Honey Walnut Shrimp
- The Asia Trip: NTU Foodcourt - Chicken Sandwich
- News: Pinkberry - Free Mini Mango Pinkberry on Mar...
- Review: In-N-Out - Secret Menu - French Fries Well...
- News: Jack in the Box - New French Fries
- Review: Wendy's Crispy Chicken Deluxe
- Local Review: St. Honore's - Fromage - Costa Mesa
- News: Panda Express - Free Honey Walnut Shrimp on ...
- News: Taco Bell - New Pacific Shrimp Taco
- Review: Pizza Hut - Pepperoni Pan Pizza
- Review: KFC - Boneless Filet
- News: Starbucks Testing 31-ounce "Trenta"
- The Asia Trip: Lotteria - Green Tea Red Bean Pie
- News: Fast Food News Around the World
- News: Ben & Jerry's - $1 Scoop of Maple Blonde Tom...
- Review: Wendy's Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Review: McDonald's - Sweet Tea
- ▼ Mar 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 84 )