sesame sauce (tahini), tomatoes, lettuce, pickled turnips, peppers, pita Bread and garlic sauce.
While it's a bit pricey at $9.99, you do get enough food for at least two people. Unfortunately, you don't get enough pitas for the food. You get two pitas but I think four (or even six!) would have been better since you can make the pitas into wraps as well as just eat them with hummus or tahini.
All the veggies were very fresh and crisp. I'm not sure how I feel about pickled turnips; they're okay I guess. Lightly pickled and fairly crisp. I love the garlic sauce. It's a blend of garlic, lemon, and salt and it goes great with pretty much any chicken. It's especially good with the tarna in a wrap with the veggies.
In sum, Zankou Chicken is great stuff! Try their Chicken Tarna Plate but pick up some extra pitas as well. I usually find a reason to stop in when I drive by one. Unfortunately, their expansion has largely halted due to really serious family infighting, so you won't be seeing any outside of southern California any time soon.
Zankou Chicken Restaurant Locations
- ► 2014 (1320)
- ► 2013 (1210)
- ► 2012 (999)
- ► 2011 (582)
- Review: Taco Bell - Bean Burrito
- Review: McDonald's Mocha Frappe
- The Asia Trip: MOS Burger - Spicy MOS Cheeseburger...
- News: Burger King Launches Whiplash Whopper Nation...
- Review: Jack in the Box: New French Fries
- Review: Burger King - Buck Double
- Sunday Funny: Breakfast at McDonald's Philippines
- What's on the Menu: McDonald's Philippines
- Local Review: Porto's Bakery - Bread Pudding
- Review: Corner Bakery Cafe - Bavarian Ham on Pretz...
- News: Carvel - Free Ice Cream All Day on April 29,...
- Review: Starbucks - Perfect Oatmeal
- News: Burger King - New Buck Double Sandwich
- Review: Burger King - A.1. Steakhouse XT Burger
- Review: Jack in the Box - Iced Kona Classic Coffee...
- The Asia Trip: 7-Eleven Taiwan
- News: Jack in the Box - New Kona Classic Coffee
- News: Haagen-Daz Celebrates Free Flavor Day on May...
- Review: Taco Bell - Salsa Roja Tortada
- News: Burger King Testing Brunch
- News: Hardee's Introduces Loaded Biscuit 'N' Gravy...
- Review: Domino's - New Pizza
- Sunday Funny: From McDonald's Egypt
- What's on the Menu: McDonald's Turkey
- Review: The Hat - Chili Cheese Fries
- Review: Jack in the Box - Sausage, Egg, and Cheese...
- Review: Carl's Jr. - Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cre...
- The Asia Trip: McDonald's Taiwan - Spicy Chicken F...
- Review: KFC - Double Down Part Deux - The Fix
- Review: KFC - Double Down Sandwich
- News: Free Food at Southern California Chick-fil-A...
- News: Jack in the Box adds the Grilled Breakfast S...
- News: Starbucks Offering Free Brewed Coffee to Tum...
- News: Boston Market Reveals New Sauces
- News: Jamba Juice - Buy One, Get One Free Until Ap...
- Review: Panda Express - Chow Mein
- News: Jack in the Box - Free Fry Day on April 16, ...
- Review: Burger King - BK Breakfast Muffin
- News: Arby's $1 Value Menu Now Nationwide
- Sunday Funny: From KFC Korea
- Review: Taco Bell - Cherry Limeade Sparkler
- Review: Taco Bell - Bacon Ranch Tortada
- Review: The Flame Broiler - Super Works Plate
- News: New at Taco Bell - Tortadas and Limeade Spar...
- Review: Burger King - BK Breakfast Bowl
- Around the World: Burger King Philippines Offers F...
- The Asia Trip: McDonald's Taiwan - Chicken McCrisp...
- Video: Burger King's BK Breakfast Muffin Ad
- Review: Wendy's French Fries
- News: Hugh Jackman Dances for Lipton
- News: Check out KFC's Double Down "Sandwich" Ad
- News: Domino's Pizza New Pizza Holdout Ad Campaign...
- News: Dunkin' Donuts Serves New Bagel Twists
- Review: Burger King - Smoky Cheddar Steakhouse XT
- News: Cinnabon Giving Free Mini Cupcakes on Tax Da...
- Local Review: Louis Burgers - Torrance, CA
- Review: Zankou Chicken - Chicken Tarna Plate
- News: Wendy's Testing New Premium Salads
- Review: Panda Express - Orange Chicken
- News: Starbucks Reveals "Plenta" and "Micra" Drink...
- News: KFC Double Down Sandwich Coming April 12th?
- Review: Jack in the Box - Bacon, Egg, and Cheese B...
- ▼ Apr 2010 (62)
- ► 2009 (84)