- ► 2016 ( 589 )
- ► 2015 ( 1183 )
- ► 2014 ( 1320 )
- ► 2013 ( 1210 )
- ► 2012 ( 999 )
- Frozen Friday: Banquet - Rigatoni & Italian Sausag...
- Review: Jamba Juice - Apple Cinnamon Pretzel
- News: 7-Eleven - Free Coffee from 7am to 11am on N...
- News: Krispy Kreme - Free Coffee for 2011 National...
- News: Popeyes - New Dip'n Chick'n
- News: Carl's Jr./Hardee's - New Steakhouse Burger
- Review: Wendy's Spicy Bacon & Blue Chicken Sandwic...
- Review: Taco Bell - Crunchy Taco Supreme
- Review: Old El Paso - Garlic Chili Chicken Tortill...
- Frozen Friday: Klondike - What the Fudge? Brownie ...
- News: Domino's - New Artisan Pizzas
- Review: Carl's Jr. - Sunrise Croissant
- Review: Wendy's - Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburger...
- News: Burger King Expands Dessert Menu with Soft S...
- Review: McDonald's - Caramel Apple Sundae
- News: Pizza Hut - Any Pizza for $10 Returns
- News: Ben & Jerry's - New Schweddy Balls Flavor
- News: Sonic - New Bacon & Blue Dog and Kickin' Con...
- News: Sonic - Pumpkin Pie Shake Returns
- News: Jamba Juice -$2 Oatmeal and All-Fruit Smooth...
- News: Dairy Queen - September Blizzard of the Mont...
- News: Klondike - New "What the Fudge? Brownie" San...
- News: Wendys - New Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburge...
- News: Sonic - Three New Breakfast Burritos
- Review: Pizza Hut - Spicy Sicilian Hand-Tossed Piz...
- News: The Coffee Bean - $1 Pumpkin Latte on Septem...
- Review: Taco Bell - Enchirito
- News: Starbucks - Seasonal Drinks for Fall 2011
- Review: Keebler - Oatmeal Fudge Stripe Cookies
- Review: Hostess - Sno Balls
- Frozen Friday: Banquet - Pepper Steak Meal
- Review: McDonald's - Caramel Apple Parfait
- Review: Wendy's - Caramel Apple Frosty Parfait
- Review: Taco Bell - Bacon Ranch Chicken Flatbread ...
- News: McDonald's - New Caramel Apple Parfait and S...
- Review: Wendy's - Monterey Ranch Crispy Chicken Sa...
- Review: Carl's Jr. - Hash Brown Nuggets
- Review: Pepperidge Farm - Sesame Sticks
- Frozen Friday: Red Baron - Singles Pepperoni Frenc...
- News: Taco Bell - New Bacon Ranch Flatbread Sandwi...
- Review: Wendy's - Maple Baked Frescuit
- News: Burger King - New Quaker Oatmeal
- ▼ Sep 2011 ( 42 )
- ► 2010 ( 614 )
- ► 2009 ( 84 )
Sep 9, 2011
An 8-ounce box should cost you a buck or less on sale.
It says on the box that the patty is made with chicken, pork, and beef which sounds a bit like a hot dog to me but I'd hazard it's the same meat patty as the ones used in Banquet's Salisbury Steak or Meatloaf. Same meat and texture, slightly different sauces. It's basically a ground hamburger steak.
I didn't like that the rice wasn't compartmentalized so that I could better control the amount of sauce I was eating rather than have it mix into my rice during cooking. The rice had bits of veggies mixed in but they don't add much if any flavor. The rice itself didn't turn out bad at all, with a moist even consistency that pleasantly surprised me.
Nutritional Info - Banquet Pepper Steak Meal - 8 ounces (227g)
Calories - 260 (from Fat - 200)
Fat - 12g (Saturated Fat - 3g)
Sodium - 880mg
Carbs - 29g (Sugar - 2g)
Protein - 9g