While we get hot white chocolate and sometimes a Holiday Pie or Egg Nog Shake from McDonald's, over in the United Kingdom, they get an annual Festive Menu with a number of menu items of varying Christmas-y quality (some seem a bit shoe-horned in).
Here's what they get this year:
- Chocolatey Banoffee Pie - A crispy fried McDonald's pie with two separate layers of filling: one of banoffee (banana and toffee!) sauce and chocolatey sauce.
- Winter Warmer with Cheese - A beef patty topped with bacon, cheese, Batavia lettuce, red onions and a cheese sauce. Not sure where the "warmer" figures in but winter comes in the form of a flour-dusted bun with a snowflake design on top.
- Festive Chicken Deluxe - A crispy chicken breast fillet with BBQ sauce, grilled onions, Batavia lettuce and mayo on a toasted, oval sesame seed bun.
- Cheese Melt Dippers - an order of four breaded cheese dippers made with camembert. Served with a festive tomato sauce for dipping.
- Chocolatey Donut - A yeast donut with a chocolatey filling with a chocolatey icing and milk chocolate flakes.
- Galaxy Caramel McFlurry - Vanilla soft serve mixed with Galaxy milk chocolate pieces and Galaxy caramel sauce.
- 20 Chicken McNuggets Sharebox with new Spicy Chili Dip.
- There's also a Toffee Latte as a limited-time McCafe drink. It's basically a latte (espresso and steamed organic milk; yeah, McDonald's uses organic milk in the UK) with toffee-flavored syrup, topped with whipped cream and a dusting of chocolaty powder (cocoa?).