- ► 2016 ( 763 )
- ► 2015 ( 1183 )
- ► 2014 ( 1320 )
- ► 2013 ( 1210 )
- ► 2012 ( 999 )
- Review: Snickers Peanut Butter Squared
- Frozen Friday: Healthy Choice - Sundried Tomato Ch...
- News: White Castle - New Angus Steak Chili and Chi...
- Review: Wendy's - Cheesy Cheddarburger
- Review: Subway - Cold Cut Combo
- News: Jack in the Box - Jumbo Deal for $4.29
- Review: McDonald's - Apple Cinnamon Walnut Oatmeal...
- Merry Christmas!
- Feature: KFC Christmas World Wide
- Frozen Friday: The Magnum White Ice Cream Bar
- Review: Sonic - Bacon Cheddar Toaster Melt
- Feature: 2011 Fast Food Gift Card Bonuses
- Review: Burger King - Chef's Choice Burger
- News: Taco Bell - The Beefy Crunch Burrito Returns...
- Review: Nabisco - Cinnamon Kick Wheat Thins Stix
- News: Jack in the Box - Burger Upgrade
- Frozen Friday: T.G.I.Friday's - Cajun-Style Chicke...
- News: KFC - $2 Drumstick, Thigh and Biscuit SoCal ...
- News: Carl's Jr. - New Santa Fe Turkey Burger
- News: Panera Bread Featured 2011 Winter Menu
- Review: Burger King - New Thicker Fries
- News: 7-Eleven - New Maple Sausage Breakfast Rolle...
- International Weekend: Delacre Roule d'Or
- Frozen Friday: Stouffer's - Farmer's Harvest Chick...
- News: Dunkin' Donuts - New Texas Toast Grilled Che...
- News: Krispy Kreme - Seasonal Christmas Doughnuts
- News: Dairy Queen - December Blizzard of the Month...
- News: Baskin-Robbins - Bobsled Brownie - December ...
- News: Subway - Two $2 6-inch Subs for December
- Review: McDonald's - Baked Pumpkin Pie
- News: Burger King - New Fries and "Free Fries Frid...
- News: Dunkin' Donuts - New Mint Hot Chocolate and ...
- ▼ Dec 2011 ( 32 )
- ► 2010 ( 614 )
- ► 2009 ( 84 )
Dec 12, 2011
I picked up a large order at my local BK restaurant for $2.09.
For $2.09, it doesn't seem like I get that much fries. Burger King's fry container taper outward into a squarish wide opening and it seems like it has to be filled pass the brim to really get a good amount of fries. As it stands, a McDonald's large order of fries is taller and seems to give more than Burger King's large for less ($1.89 in my area).
Besides shorting me on fries, the fries I received apparently spent some time sitting in the warmer and were warm rather than hot. Sadness right?
The fries are about the thickness of a No. 2 pencil making them the thickest fries out of the Big Three Burger chains. Texture-wise they remind me of Wendy's old fries but slightly thicker.
Seem my fries were warm going on cold, I found that they retained a slight crispness even after the fry cools.
Overall, Burger King's fries are a definite improvement over the old ones. I particularly liked the thickness which gives them a marked distinction over Wendy's and McDonald's as well as a more potato-y flavor and mouth feel. I still like a good batch of McDonald's fries better but I'd actually pick these up when dining at Burger King unlike the old ones.
Burger King Restaurant Locator
Nutritional Info - Burger King New Fries - Large (190g)
Calories - 500 (from Fat - 200)
Fat - 22g (Saturated Fat - 3.5g)
Sodium - 710mg
Carbs - 72g (Sugar - 0g)
Protein - 5g