- ► 2016 ( 953 )
- ► 2015 ( 1183 )
- ► 2014 ( 1320 )
- ► 2013 ( 1210 )
- ► 2012 ( 999 )
- ► 2011 ( 582 )
- Review: Del Taco - Regular Taco
- Review: Baskin-Robbins - Cappuccino Blast
- Review: Domino's Thin Crust Pizza
- The Asia Trip: Skewers Galore! Tempura and Yakitor...
- News: Some Interesting McDonald's Numbers
- Review: Sonic - Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster
- Review: Jack In The Box - Really Big Chicken Sandw...
- Sunday Funny: McDonald's - "Fishing"
- Review: Capriotti's - The Bobbie Sandwich
- Frozen Friday: Stouffer's - Roast Turkey Breast
- News: Carl's Jr. - New Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Sa...
- Review: Sonic - Tots
- The Asia Trip: Japan - Taiyaki
- Review: Jack in the Box - Self-Service Kiosk
- Review: In-N-Out - Secret Menu - Animal Style
- Sunday Funny: McDonald's Greece - "McShrimp"
- Review: Cinnabon - Cupcakes
- Frozen Friday: Stouffer's - Meatloaf Dinner
- News: KFC - Free Doublicious to Two-Timing Employe...
- Review: Domino's - Cinna Stix
- The Asia Trip: Vending Machines in Japan
- News: Wendy's - New Garden Sensation Salads
- Review: McDonald's - Real Fruit Smoothies
- Brand Eating Sonic Gift Cards Giveaway Winners!
- News: Subway - Buffalo Chicken Sub Back for Good
- Sunday Funny: KFC South Africa - "Milkshake"
- News: Panda Express - Free Thai Cashew Chicken on ...
- Review: Seattle's Best Iced Vanilla Latte Can
- Frozen Friday: Marie Callender's - Pot Roast
- Review: Popeyes - Spicy Chicken
- News: Peet's $2 Medium Freddo Fridays in July
- The Asia Trip: Random Ramen at Shinjuku Station
- Review: KFC - Grilled Doublicious Sandwich
- Review: Sonic - Footlong Quarter Pound Coney
- Brand Eating Giveaway: Sonic Gift Cards!
- Sunday Funny: Burger King - Tendercrisp Mayo Comme...
- Review: KFC - Doublicious Sandwich
- Review: Chipotle - Secret Menu - Chicken Nachos
- News: Sonic Kicks Off National Hot Dog Month with ...
- News: Chick-fil-A Celebrates Cow Appreciation Day ...
- News: Arby's - Free Jr. Deluxe with Drink Purchase...
- Review: The Coffee Bean - Ultimate Dark Chocolate ...
- ▼ Jul 2010 ( 42 )
- ► 2009 ( 84 )
Jul 2, 2010
My choices for the nachos was chicken, black beans, tomato salsa, and roasted chili-corn salsa.
While all the ingredients were fresh and tasty, Chipotle's Nacho tastes like what it is: a burrito bowl over tortilla chips. I would point out that Chipotle's tortilla chips veer toward the salty side and don't lend themselves as well to salsas or guacamole as a more neutral chip would.
The key reason Chipotle's Nachos don't really taste like nachos is that they can't really melt the cheese. Since the meat is warm and the veggies cold, there's simply not enough heat to melt the cheese and make a presentable nacho.
I would rather just have the Burrito Bowl and chips separately; you don't have to worry about the chips getting soggy underneath everything and you might be more Burrito Bowl since there's more room to fill in the bowl.
Chipotle Restaurant Locations
Nutritional Info (piecemeal because that's how they list it)
Black Beans (4 oz)
Calories - 120
Saturated Fat - 0g
Sodium - 250
Carbs - 23g
Chicken (4 oz)
Calories - 190
Saturated Fat - 2g
Sodium - 370
Carbs - 1g
Cheese (1 oz)
Calories - 100
Saturated Fat - 5g
Sodium - 180
Carbs - 0g
Tomato Salsa (3.5 oz)
Calories - 20
Saturated Fat - -g
Sodium - 470
Carbs - 4g
Corn Salsa (3.5 oz)
Calories - 80
Saturated Fat - -g
Sodium - 410
Carbs - 15g
Chips (4 oz)
Calories - 570
Saturated Fat - 3.5g
Sodium - 420
Carbs - 73g