- Arby's Smokehouse Pork Belly Sandwich - I can't recall any other fast food chain ever doing pork belly before and I've never encountered smoked pork belly at a barbecue joint so I was pleasantly surprised. It looks to return in 2017 so I'll be looking forward to it.
Other items that stuck out in my mind from 2016 and deserve a mention include:
- Starbucks' Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Subway's Carved Turkey (the heftiest meat I've seen from the chain)
- Little Caesars' Stuffed Crust Deep Deep Dish Pizza
- Burger King's Jalapeno Chicken Fries
Do you think I left something out? Feel free to share your own top five in the comments below!