Offering McDonald's with a Singaporean twist, here's what's on this year's local-themed menu:
- Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Burger - Breaded chicken filet with salted egg yolk-flavored sauce, lettuce, and curry leaves, on a black pepper and white sesame bun. Apparently, salted egg is a big thing in Singapore where it's found its way into dishes both sweet and savory if this list is any indication.
- Twist & Shake Fries - Curly fries that come with a packet of salt and pepper crab-flavored seasoning that you sprinkle on and shake in a bag.
- Spicy Nuggets - A spicy hot version of the chain's signature Chicken McNuggets.
- McSpicy - A deep-fried crispy chicken thigh cutlet marinated with fiery hot spices, served with lettuce and mayo on a toasted sesame seed bun.
- Banana Pie - A fried turnover-style pie filled with warm banana bits.
- Gula Melaka McFlurry with Layer Cake Bites - Vanilla soft serve swirled with gula melaka-flavored syrup and bites of layer cake. Gula Melaka is coconut palm sugar and similar in flavor to caramel and butterscotch. Images via McDonald's Singapore.